As Internet usage continues to soar on mobile devices, the question many wonder is whether consumers prefer to use mobile apps to consume data from the Internet, or do they prefer to use mobile browsers.
According to eMarketer... "nearly 114 million consumers expected to access the Internet via mobile this year, mobile is a no-brainer for marketers. Also, over 75% of the US population now subscribes to a mobile phone service."
Mobile Apps vs Mobile Browsers Depends on Type of Activity
- When it came to Shopping, almost 3/4 of all users used a Mobile Browser.
- Search was the 2nd most used on a Mobile Browser with a 63%-37% edge.
- Entertainment was 3rd with 60% clip for Mobile Browsers.
- Information was reverse, with 60% using Mobile Apps.
- Almost 2/3 of all users used Mobile Apps for Navigation.
- Connecting with others was almost 70% use on Mobile Apps.
So when it comes to Shopping, Searching, and consuming entertainment, consumers preferred mobile browsers. When it comes to navigation, gathering information, or connecting with others, most prefer the use of mobile apps.
Do you agree with how consumers use mobile browsers versus mobile apps?
Would love to get your thoughts and opinions on this matter... does your business have a strategy when it comes to these activities?